Welcome back everyone02-09-2014 | 17:36:15 | No Comments

welcome back sign

Hi everyone,  Miss Flynn here, I hope you’ve all had a lovely relaxing summer.

It is lovely to see all the children looking so enthusiastic for the new school year and smart in their new school uniforms.  It’s been a great first week behaviour and attitude wise.  Keep it up everyone.

Homework club poster

Don’t forget, homework club is starting up again on this Monday 8th Sept, which is available to all KS1 and 2 pupils for half an hour after school each Monday.  Let me know if you would your child to attend on Monday morning, as you will need to sign permission.  You can read the initial letter I sent out regarding the home-work club by clicking this link: Letter to parents re homework club

Also, its School Council election week this week.

School Council Election week poster

Make sure you put your name forward to your class teacher if you would like to be involved.  The two elected members from each class will be announced next week.  Click on the following link for ideas on the sorts of skills you will need: So You Want to be a School Council Representative

I will look forward to welcoming our new school council members in the next couple of weeks and our exciting new projects for 2014-15.

Can I also say a BIG THANK-YOU, to all of this year’s council members. You all did a absolutely FANTASTIC job!  Members were:

Year 1 – Billy R and Olivia M, Year 2 – Katie G and Koen P,  Year 3 – Phoebe S and Joshua R,  Year 4 – Anthony D and Katie S,  Year 5 – Louis G-M and Rebecca J and Year 6 – Chloe D and Lewis B.  We accomplished a lot, some of which is included in the poster below.

School Council Projects Poster 2013-14

Here are some photos of the school council representatives with some of their projects.

DSCF2526DSCF2542DSCF2544DSCF2522DSCF2525DSCF2521DSCF1031

That’s all for now, make sure you check back for updates.

Happy Blogging, Miss Flynn 🙂